CyberLink Launches PowerCinema 6
Taipei, Taiwan—November 13, 2008—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), an innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today launched CyberLink PowerCinema 6, a software solution that enables users to turn a home PC into a high-definition TV and multimedia entertainment center.
PowerCinema 6 offers features for enjoying TV, photos, videos, music, movie DVDs, and radio. With scheduled TV recording, support for high-definition digital TV, and easy channel management, PowerCinema 6 lets users access HDTV programming directly on their PC.
"PowerCinema offers an all-in-one solution for enjoying TV, movie DVDs, music, and user-generated content," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "Now with support for high-definition TV, CyberLink PowerCinema 6 is also a perfect way to extend the functionality of the home desktop or notebook PC into a personal video recorder."
TV on the PC
- Scheduled Recording and Time-shift Playback turns a PC into a personal video recorder that frees users from regular program schedules
- MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) support allows the playing of high-definition TV programs
- Multiple Subtitles and Audio can now be recorded at the same time, allowing users to switch languages while watching recorded TV
- Program Management automatically scans for available channels, allows uses to rename channels, and sort for recorded programs
- Dolby Digital 7.1 support allows DVD playback of up to 7.1 channels of audio on a home theater system
- CyberLink TrueTheater™ Technology optimizes the movie experience by providing settings for lighting, screen ratio, and audio settings
Videos and Photos
- Instant Slideshows let users animate photos with a choice of styles, including the new 3D style
- Adjustable Thumbnails allow users to quickly enlarge the display size of videos and photos with the choice to see more details or more clips
- Video Thumbnail Display provides a visual summary of a video clip, letting users browse files more easily
- Improved Browsing lets users locate files by the date taken or personal 5-star ratings
- Video Playback supports the following formats: ASF, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DAT, DVR-MS, AVI (DivX requires a codec to be installed on the PC), MPEG-4 AVC H.264 (supports .ts, .m2ts, .264, .h264, and .avi), WTV
- Image Display supports the following formats: BMP, JPG, PNG
- Music Playlist lets users nominate then quickly access their favorite audio tracks
- Quick Music Search enables fast location of music tracks using meta data information
- Audio Playback includes support for MP3, WMA, WAV, and CDA files, and Audio CDs
- Auto Scan locates FM stations automatically, offering easy setup
- Favorite Station List lets users find often-visited stations more easily
- Scheduled Recording and Timeshift Playback allows users to record their favorite radio shows and play them at a later date
New usability features include:
- Entertainment Interface organizes features by categorizing as Entertainment (DVDs, TV, music, radio) and Memories (videos and photos)
- Automatic Screen Detection identifies a user's screen size, and automatically sets for widescreen or 4:3 playback
- Color-coded Hot Keys allow users to jump quickly to key features, with onscreen buttons or directly via color keys on the CyberLink Remote Control (available for purchase separately)
- Star Ratings let users rate and then more easily locate their favorite media
- Select Multiple Files allows users to select a group of files to play or edit
- Quick Review (recent photos/videos/music) enables users to browse photos and videos they have already viewed
Product Versioning and Pricing
CyberLink PowerCinema 6 is available from CyberLink's web store, supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
- CyberLink PowerCinema 6 with digital TV tuner card USD 129.95
- CyberLink PowerCinema 6 with analog TV tuner card USD 119.95
- CyberLink PowerCinema 6 upgrade version USD 49.95
PowerCinema 6 is available with a choice of the following bundled TV tuner cards:
- Yuan PD521QA USB 2.0 Hybrid TV Stick supporting analog, ATSC, and ClearQAM TV (recommended for US customers)
- Yuan PD770A USB 2.0 Hybrid TV Stick supporting DVB-T and analog
- Yuan FUNTV Tuner900 supporting analog
CyberLink also offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers providing support for additional languages including Japanese, Russian and Simplified Chinese. More information about CyberLink PowerCinema, and the complete range of CyberLink software, is available at www.cyberlink.com.