Apple iPhone 6 Displays Reportedly Enter Mass Production In May, Coming in 4.7-Inch And 5.5-Inch Flavors

If you're going to hang around the web's rumor mill, then today -- April 1, otherwise known as April Fool's Day -- is one of the better days to do it, because at least you have an 'out' if a story ends up being bogus. That said, Apple product rumors are never hard to come by, and the based on the latest chatter making the rounds, mass production of touchscreen displays for the iPhone 6 will begin next month.

The timing feels right, as Apple is next in line out of the three busiest handset makers to release a new device -- Samsung recently launched its Galaxy 5S phone, and even more recently, HTC unveiled its One (M8) handset. Apple, you're up to bat.

iPhone 5S

According to Reuters and the sources it spoke with, production will initially focus on 4.7-inch panels, while a larger size 5.5-inch version could be delayed. Either way, it appears Apple is destined to launch a more spacious smartphone than what's currently available, as the iPhone 5C and 5S both sport 4-inch displays.

Why go bigger yet again? To be fair, the iPhone is consistently the best selling single handset in the world time and again, so Apple doesn't need to go bigger if it doesn't want to. However, in keeping up with the competition, a larger size display takes away one of the advantages of competing handsets like the Galaxy 5S and One (M8) have over the iPhone family.
Via:  Reuters
Comments
StaticFX 8 months ago

ok.. if its going into production in May... seems really early for a Sept release. Maybe early? I sure hope so.. i need to replace my 4s!

RonKurkowski 8 months ago

5.5 inch I Phone? Would sell my Note for it

TwoFaceTony 8 months ago

seems yearly for that?

JefferyPruett 8 months ago

The Non-Stop Station for a continuing threads of iphones/ipods 6,7,8,9,10 can we maybe have a name change? or something new

JefferyPruett 8 months ago

*edit* but if the majority likes it I have no problem lol I do like how each idevice gets better time to time

sevags 8 months ago

i really REALLY hope that if they do launch 2 different sized phones that the only different between the 2 be the screen size, maybe resolution, and battery size. I will NOT, I repeat NOT buy any cellphone by anyone that is 4.9" or larger. Even at 4.7" I would consider that too big and would very reluctantly choose that model. However if the 4.7" version is a drastically dumbed down version of its larger sibling a lot like the S4 and S4 Mini with a big difference in cpu/ram/gpu between the 2 then I would not consider getting the smaller version either. They need to have the same power under the hood or it's a complete deal breaker.

Unfortunately If I don't opt to get the smaller iphone6 there really aren't any other alternatives on the market now for a high end 4-4.7" smartyphone.

StaticFX 8 months ago

its been "confirmed" again.. 4.7" and 5.5" and thinner than the 5s

Mordymion 8 months ago

I really don't get the hype over new iPhones. Literally all they're going to change is the screen size. I'm still using a 4 and don't see why I would ever upgrade it.

JoshuaFox 8 months ago

gag me

jodinajosepj 8 months ago

Container an impromptu and supposed invention be "hindered".

At what time I ongoing hearing reports of a 4.7 and 5.7 inch iPhone approaching with the iPhone 6, the innovative story was that the 5.7 incher would be approaching later. So if it organizes come later (whether as 5.7 or 5.5 inches) remained it delayed, or was that the plan all lengthwise?

The individual thing aimed at unquestionable is that Apple isn't conversation about forthcoming plans, so this is all unsubstantiated speculation by forecasters who are paid to deduction, and collect retributions whether they're right or not..

WendellBeverly1 8 months ago

By the time the iPhone 6 comes out, I think I'll finally be primed to get ride of my iPhone 4, not the "s", just 4.

sevags 8 months ago

I have an ip5 non-S and I am far overdue for an upgrade. I have a really rugged but small TPU rubber case and I have messed up my phone bad, camera takes blemished pics, the black finish has come off all-around the edges, chips on corner of the screen, scratches, and i constantly have to clean out the audio port or siri loads every time I move, and it likes to turn off at around 30% battery. Other than my phones current state, I would like new tech like .ac wireless, longer run time, and better speakers which apple seems to deliver every new upgrade.