While most of us look forward to the weekend as a time to relax, Amazon
will be busy shipping orders for its new 7-inch Kindle Fire HDX tablet, the e-tailer announced today. Amazon unveiled
the latest generation of Kindle Fire tablets just over three weeks ago, alongside an 8.9-inch model (still in pre-order status) and a new Kindle Fire HD model.
The 7-inch Kindle Fire HDX sports a 1920x1200 display resolution (323 ppi), quad-core 2.2GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, dual-band and dual-antenna (MIMO) Wi-Fi, dual-stereo speakers, built-in microphone, front-facing HD camera, and optional 4G LTE connectivity.
"With a beautiful 323 ppi perfect-color HDX display, 3x the processing power, 2x the memory, 4x the graphics performance, and Fire OS 3.0, we think customers are going to love the new Kindle Fire HDX," said Peter Larsen, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. "We can’t wait to get this tablet into our customers’ hands."
As for pricing, there's are several options available. Here's how it breaks down:
- Kindle Fire HDX 16GB Wi-Fi w/ Special Offers: $229
- Kindle Fire HDX 16GB Wi-Fi w/o Special Offers: $244
- Kindle Fire HDX 32GB Wi-Fi w/ Special Offers: $269
- Kindle Fire HDX 32GB Wi-Fi w/o Special Offers: $284
- Kindle Fire HDX 64GB Wi-Fi w/ Special Offers: $309
- Kindle Fire HDX 64GB Wi-Fi w/o Special Offers: $324
Models with 4G LTE connectivity are still in the pre-order phase and add $100 to the cost of each model. 4G LTE connectivity is available via AT&T or Verizon.