Alert: 7-Year Old Son Of Intel Employee Missing

We were just made aware of some horrible news and want to enlist the help of our extended HotHardware family to lend a hand and get the word out. A few hours ago, a friend of ours at Intel let us know that the son of an Intel employee, Kyron Horman, has gone missing...

"The search for a second-grade student who disappeared last week after he arrived at his Portland, Oregon, elementary school intensified Monday.

Kyron Horman, 7, did not return home Friday from Skyline Elementary School, police said.

According to investigators, the boy's stepmother said she last saw Kyron on Friday morning while he was walking down the hallway toward his classroom."

If you have seen Kyron or have any information regarding his whereabouts, please contact the Multnomah County Sherriff's Tip Line immediately at (503) 261-2847.

All of us here at HotHardware want to give our heartfelt condolences to the Horman Family. We hope and pray for the safe return of their little boy.

Via:  CNN via Intel
Tags:  Intel, help, son, missing
Comments
MrBrownSound 4 years ago

My heart goes out for the family. I truly hope he is found soon.

m-manla 4 years ago

That really sucks. I'll be praying for his safe return to his family.

realneil 4 years ago

Hopefully he'll be found in good health soon and returned to his family. Having a child taken would be like living in a meat grinder.

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

I truly hope and pray for this childs safe return and pray for his family having to wait which being a parent of 2 would be a nightmare.I have felt that fear before a school where my daughter was going misplaced , but I have a better word for that just not going to say it on here, but put her on the wrong bus and then couldnt remember what bus they put her on and for 4 hrs no one could find my daughter!! So it was the worst feeling ever and I hope this child gets home soon.

I guess I want to know how does a child get missing from inside the school??? But I,ll be praying for this childs safe retun.

a750gixr 4 years ago

I hope they find him. With any luck they might have cameras in the school which could help locate who he was with or a direction he was going in. Looks like a smart kid, I hope for the best in his recovery.

Chainzsaw 4 years ago

Man that's sad. Whoever sick &%^^ took him should be locked up for life.

I hope they find him though, but in reality something bad may have happened. I don't want to think this way, but a lot of these types of things don't end in good news.

I wish the family luck and good will.

One more thing, usually kidnappings happen to people who know the person who is being kidnapped. I would round up everyone and anyone who would know this kid (including his immediate family, step - mom, whatever).

I'll pray for good news.

inspector 4 years ago

:0 i saw this on the internet like yesterday (Was it? i forgot) but i didn't know he was the son of an Intel employee. Lets hope he gets found or comes home soon!

Also those that say someone took him (Kidnapped), you can't say that for sure. the cops are not calling it a kidnap because there is no proof he was.

We also don't know if he was missing from inside the school or while he was coming home (He takes the school bus)

JoelB 4 years ago

Whatever happened to using dogs to track people down? Too rainy?

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

[quote user="JoelB"]

Whatever happened to using dogs to track people down? Too rainy?

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

[quote user="mentaldisorder"]More like, whatever happened to schools being safe for kids.  As far as strangers go...Hopefully he is found without injury.[/quote]

I agree down here some of the schools where i live lack security its pathetic! One in general an elementry school where my kids used to attend you can walk rightin the door and be in an area right away that if you were a terrorist or just a plain NUT you could immeadiatly do an immence amount of harm right away! Pisses me of so bad that they are not watching and have no type of guard at all she hangs around in her office way down the hall drinking coffee thats just an open invitation for a disaster.You would think after 911 and all the school shootings they would get the message I guess something bad has to happen before they get there head out of there _ _ _ before they do there job!! I hope this young child makes it home safe!! And to the parents I,ll be pray for you and your child!!!                                                      Sincerely a DAD!

brooklonsfinest 4 years ago

This is terrible. Its a shame 2 loose a child in such a way.

gibbersome 4 years ago

The search has entered the seventh day. I passed the picture to all my friends and family members, especially those on the west coast.

This is the worst possible news you could ever hear as a parent. I hope they find him soon.

bob_on_the_cob 4 years ago

Man. My heart goes out to the family. I hope they find this kid. Sad

la_guy_10 4 years ago

I'll keep him in my prayer

rapid1 4 years ago

I wonder if they have had any luck finding him yet? Either way crap like this is ridiculous the punishment for things such as this should be way more severe. Maybe then it would not happen any more, or at least to a much lesser degree. As far as parents being in a meat grinder as mentioned by realneil, if anyone ever touches one of my daughters, I can think of a few things a meat grinder would be used for. I can also promise you it would not be for the parent figuratively or not. I am not a violent person in any sense, but lets just say I can be very creative.

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

It's not the punishment that should be fixed, it's the prevention factors.  Even one security guard at the entrance, and one in the yard where the kids play would be pretty good.  Even cameras on the perimeter of the school would help.  I'm not saying there should be cameras inside the school, just the outside.  That way anyone near the property is seen.

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

[quote user="mentaldisorder"]

It's not the punishment that should be fixed, it's the prevention factors.  Even the entrance, and one in the yard where the kids play would be pretty good.  Even cameras on the perimeter of the school would help.  I'm not saying there should be cameras inside the school, just the outside.  That way anyone near the property is seen.

I agree mental like I said in my post about the schools where I live you can just walk in thats not right! Whether its just a nutcase of terrorist domestic or foreign we are telling everyone we are not watching AGAIN and more or less inviting them to test our luck and they will.How many time do we have to get attacked or feel the loss of a child to do the right thing!!!!!!!!!!! And look at all the unemployed people who would be glad to have a job you could fill a lot of security jobs once you get past the greed and stupidity of some employers. Whats more important than protecting  our children and America, and at the same time giving people jobs! NOTHING

leorick 4 years ago

I first saw this help ad from Anandtech. Have they found him yet?

Marco C 4 years ago

No luck yet. :(

realneil 4 years ago

More on this story here.

It's getting weirder by the day. Think of the boy and pray for his safe return.

lifeskills 4 years ago

This really breaks my heart.  I can't believe its been over a month now.  I know this story made national headlines, but living in the Portland area, its very sad to see the news go into a frenzy over, then slowly forget about the story, with the child still missing!!!  ^ Will keep Praying for Kyron.

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

[quote user="Marco C"]No luck yet. :([/quote]

I really hate that  feel so bad for his parents and hope the little fella turns up soon and ok!  I know there is some indication that the are leaning toward the step mom as a person of interest  so hopefully if she had anything to do with it hope she does the right thing!! I,ve been watching the news every night to see any change yet. Im a Dad and a granpa and it would kill me if that happened to my children !God Bless them and I,ll pray for that family!

Inspector 4 years ago

This is just very sad, the event happened nearly a month ago and there is still no child to be found. I hope what  the police are saying is true and that he is still alive, with no harm to him. We are all looking forward to his return with out a scratch on him and return to his family's arm safe and sound!

Chainzsaw 4 years ago

Oh man. I was kind of right. I mentioned they should check out the step-mom and now the dad has apparently filed for divorce of the step mom (and moved away from her). Also apparently she may have tried to hire a gunman to kill her husband off.

So damn sad man. Theres just so many things going through my mind about this woman and none of them good...