Intel Starts Countdown Clock to Haswell Launch

We'll find out soon enough if Intel's upcoming Haswell architecture has what it takes to give the PC market a much needed jolt. Haswell, which is the codename for Intel's fourth generation Core processor line, is about 3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds away from launch, and we know this because the giddy folks at Intel flat out said so.

"In approximately 3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds, Intel will reveal all there is to know about the highly anticipated 4th generation Intel Core processor family," Intel said in a statement. "The new family of processors will surpass old technology expectations and usher in a host of striking new designs with incredible performance and extraordinarily long battery life."

Haswell Nanoseconds

One of the things Intel is likely to reveals is processor pricing, though it might not be a surprise. Supposed retail box Haswell prices have already been leaked to the web, showing the next generation processors ranging in cost from $175 to $372 (dealer pricing).
Via:  Intel
Comments
rdsoxfan1234 one year ago

Im pretty excited. This was announced yesterday, and 3,337,200,000,000,000 nano-seconds turns out to be 38.625 days. The part I'm most excited about is the mobile processors of haswell. I'm a college student and have been looking into buying a convertible for some time, such as the surface. Hopefully there is a big boost in battery life. Also the update in the integrated graphics to will be a nice touch too.

Sevags one year ago

Rdsoxfan, I ok hope that haswell makes it's way to the Surface Pro but I have a feeling it won't. Pretty sure MS will stay with ivy bridge for Pro1 and rumors were of an AMD APU for Pro2. I hope this is wrong.

MayhemMatthew one year ago

I too am hoping for mobile solutions. I want a new laptop and it has to be an ultrabook!

Mattos one year ago

Looking forward to seeing Haswell and all the new Z87 mobos.

ajm531 one year ago

ooooohh maybe this will future notebooks and ultrabooks that have terrible battery life.

Kidbest100 one year ago

I'm so excited to see all the new features and stuff on the 768 motherboards!

I'm also excited to see the overclocking capabilities of Haswell, as I'm sure everyone is :3

beni7192 one year ago

i am excited to have powerfull corei7 tablet :D

Johnny3D one year ago

I'll be excited someday about these, I suspect. It's going to be a while though... As much as I would like to be, I don't think I'll be able to be an early adopter of one of these.

To give you any idea about what I mean, I'm on a Core 2 Quad Q6600.

But when I do manage to build a new machine, I'd be excited to get one of these.

Clixxer one year ago

Welp, looks like we will all be waiting in anticipation, although I would still be happy with a 3770k :p

Kidbest100 one year ago

^ @Johnny3D Q6600 was great :D

Haswell would definitely be a worthy successor

Johnny3D one year ago

Oh yeah... My Q6600 is still great. But I'm starting to feel the age on the system.

Clixxer one year ago

[quote user="Johnny3D"]

I'd think the motherboard would be holding you back more than the chip. I never owned a Q6600 but if I remember correctly it was a damn good chip.

Mattos one year ago

So if I did the math correctly, this should be arriving in like 3 days.

Mattos one year ago

Nevermind think my math is wrong.