Blackberry CEO Rips The iPhone, Calls it "Outdated"

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins has reason to be optimistic about BlackBerry’s future as a new lineup of promising devices and a mobile OS are starting to debut, but he’s perhaps crossed the line from confident to arrogant--which is always entertaining.

On the eve of the U.S. launch of the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, Heins told the AP that he thinks the iPhone’s user interface is outdated, forcing users to exit one app before opening another. His comments reflect what he said of the iPhone last week: “The rate of innovation is so high in our industry that if you don't innovate at that speed you can be replaced pretty quickly. The user interface on the iPhone, with all due respect for this invention was all about is now five years old."

Thorsten Heins

He has a point; although Apple has rolled out plenty of solid features in the last few years, there does seem to be something rather static about the iPhone in an industry where Apple’s competitors are trying out every idea they can come up with to innovate and out-maneuver the other guy.

BlackBerry

Even so, the iPhone remains popular, and users are far more satisfied with the device than other smartphone users. Heins is no doubt hoping that will all change if BlackBerry can peel users away from iOS and Android.
Via:  AP
Comments
ricofrost one year ago

Well everyone knows the iphone is outdated....

shadizzle one year ago

except for iphone owners...

Dave_HH one year ago

Agreed, the masses haven't seem to caught on that it really is a step behind competitive top-end smartphones but it won't take long if Apple doesn't pick it up quick.

shadizzle one year ago

@ Dave,

Do you guys have an ETA on when you will be reviewing this phone now that it has been released?

I am curious to see what the thoughts of HH are!

Dorkstar one year ago

I'm still using my Iphone 5, and really can't complain much about it.  I'm not saying it's the best out there, but I'm really only using it for facebook, e-mail, and reading FML.

Super Dave one year ago

[quote user="News"]“The rate of innovation is so high in our industry that if you don't innovate at that speed you can be replaced pretty quickly..."[/quote]

If anyone would know about the consequences of not innovating it would be the CEO of Blackberry! It's nice to see him wearing a jacket - but where's the tie? I would really like to see a Blackberry revival!

3vi1 one year ago

My thoughts exactly Dave. I almost did a spit-take at his balls to call the iPhone outdated after BlackBerry stood still for so long (I still have a Torch). He should really wait for BBX to have more traction before saying such things.

RahulGaur one year ago

Apple IPhone user interface is so old. I have two phones one is IPhone 5 and another one is samsung galaxy s3 comparing to these I like android user interface more than IOS