E3 Day 2 Coverage: NVIDIA, NCSoft, Capcom & More
From the show floor
"To game is to live." - Anonymous Gamer
The Day After Yesterday - Welcome To E3, Day Two
The majority of yesterday was spent in the West Hall, which consists primarily of console games with the Sony and Nintendo booths overshadowing everything else in the hall. I tend not to spend as much time in this area, but thought that you might be interested in seeing what those companies had in store for the global consumer.
Welcome to another day at E3
A Vista of the South Hall
My Lambo was parked in the sun
However, today was a day for primarily PC gaming and hardware meetings. But first I had to find parking for my yellow Lamborghini. Okay, maybe it's just a photo of someone else's car. Nice, huh? The cars were on display in front of the West Hall to promote Forza Motorsports 2 for Xbox 360.
The first meeting of the day was with LucasArts and, as always, the company has an interesting lineup of titles. Fans of the recent Star Wars: Empire At War will be pleased to know that the expansion pack, Star Wars: Empire At War - The Forces Of Corruption looked quite good. For the first time you take on the role of an aspiring underworld figure whose influence ranges far afield in the galaxy. The space combat continues to look superb and we were assured that the land-based tactical portion of the game will be an improvement.
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy will be released across all platforms on September 12, 2006 - the day Lucasfilm plans to release the "Original Trilogy" DVD movies for the first time. The upcoming Indiana Jones game is due in 2007 and showcased some potentially groundbreaking physics, even if the demo itself was an early work-in-progress. NaturalMotion's endorphin technology was being used for real-time behavioral physics and this look incredibly cool. It's easier to see than discuss. Go here (www.naturalmotion.com/pages/demos.htm) to check out a few demos of endorphin at work.
- HotHardware Summer Sweepstakes: Win An...38
- FAA Goes Into Full Panic Mode After...25
- Asus STRIX Radeon R9 390X Review: Hawaii...17
- Microsoft’s Flagship Windows 10 Mobile...13
- Norton Snubs Microsoft Edge Browser Over...13
- Pocket-Sized SCiO Spectrometer Analyzes...9
- Microsoft Allows Windows 10 Home Users...8
- 6 TB Hard Drive Round-Up: WD Red, WD...455k
- Know Your Type: Five Mechanical Gaming...397k
- Dell XPS 13 (2015) Ultrabook Review,...386k
- Intel SSD 750 Series NVMe PCI Express...336k
- Alienware Area-51: Triad, Tri-SLI GTX...208k
- Intel Broadwell NUC NUC5i7RYH With Iris...191k
- HP Spectre X360 Ultrabook Review: Sleek,...189k