Verizon Picks Up Samsung's Dual-Hinge Zeal Messaging Phone
This isn't a full-fledged smartphone, but rather an advanced messaging phone with a dual-hinge design and an E Ink transforming QWERTY keypad. Yes, E Ink on a phone! You may be familiar with E Ink's e-paper displays that are used in e-readers like the Amazon Kindle, but it's definitely rare to see this technology on something like a flip phone. The Zeal's E Ink keyboard changes based on the user’s needs: open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad; in landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols.
It also has a 2MP camera with night and panorama shot, auto focus and camcorder, Bluetooth, corporate email support, a social beat widget, VZ Navigator, media player and even support for Skype Mobile. Users can add a microSD card if you want to carry your media around. The Zeal will be available on Nov. 11 for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement, and pre-sales are open now.
Feel The Zeal With The Samsung Zeal™ From Verizon Wireless
Dual-Hinge Messaging Phone Features E Ink Transforming QWERTY Keypad and Social Beat Application
* Dual-hinge form factor with E Ink keyboard that changes based on the user’s needs
o Open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad
o In landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols
* Corporate Email support for Microsoft Office Exchange so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office e-mail
* 2.0 megapixel camera with night and panorama shot, auto focus and camcorder
* Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
* Social Beat Widget – Offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace™ plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
* VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
* Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
* Skype mobile™ capable
* Mobile Web capable
* Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web Email
* microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (card purchased separately)
* Personal organizer with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
* The Samsung Zeal will be available on Nov. 11 for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* Customers can purchase the Samsung Zeal beginning today at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.