TomTom Unleashes iPhone App
Like other TomTom navigational offerings, the iPhone app offers numerous points of interest and uses IQ Routes technology to help determine the best possible route, taking into account data that has been collected from millions of drivers. TomTom claims that IQ Routes enables drivers to reach their destination in less time up to 35% of the time.
Additional TomTom iPhone app features include:
- Fast route planning and clear voice instructions
- Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
- Route demo or map of route when trip planning
- User interface fully optimized with iPhone
- Night and day color mode
- User interface available in 18 languages
- 2D or 3D map display views
- Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
The TomTom app for iPhone 3G and 3GS users comes with a regional map from Tele Atlas and is available through http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app. Currently, there are map versions available for Australia, Western Europe, New Zealand, and the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. and Canadian version costs $99.99. The app requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later. TomTom also offers a car kit for the iPhone and plans to offer a version of the application that is compatible with the iPod Touch and other iPhone models soon.