Sprint Gains $100 HTC EVO Design 4G Smartphone
Other specs include Android 2.3, HTC Sense, a 1.2GHz processor, a 4" qHD display (capacitive touchscreen), 5MP rear-facing camera, HD video recording, a 1.3MP front-facing camera, 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot mode, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and a sub-$100 price tag. It'll go on sale on October 23rd for $99.99 with a 2-year agreement.
Sprint Expands Award-Winning HTC EVO Family with HTC EVO Design 4G, First EVO with World Phone Capabilities
HTC EVO Design 4G debuts Oct. 23 for less than $100 – offering high-end 4G capabilities at an easily affordable price
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., & SEATTLE (BUSINESS WIRE), October 19, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE: S) continues the award-winning HTC EVO™ family legacy with the addition of HTC EVO Design 4G™, the first EVO family member touting World Phone capabilities. HTC EVO Design 4G boasts many of the "must-have" features of its predecessors, including Sprint 4G and a large touchscreen display, while sporting a slim, pocket-friendly aluminum unibody design at an easily affordable price.
HTC EVO Design 4G goes on sale Oct. 23 for just $99.99 (excluding taxes) with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade and after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card1. It will be available in all Sprint sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Web Sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).
"Priced at under $100, HTC EVO Design 4G is the perfect device for consumers looking for both the benefits of 4G and the latest in device style," said Fared Adib, Sprint vice president-Product Development. "When matched with one of the Sprint Everything Data plans, our customers will unlock the value of unlimited without worrying about the cost or surprises on their monthly bill."
Designed for customers who want to stay connected and be entertained, HTC EVO Design 4G combines the acclaimed HTC Sense™ experience with a stylish and robust feature set to make the 4G experience more accessible than ever. Other key features include:
* Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread
* HTC Sense – Award-winning user experience taking social networking, navigation and customization to new levels
* Aluminum unibody design gives HTC EVO Design 4G a slim, streamlined profile –guaranteed to get attention and is nicely compact in your hand, pocket or bag
* 1.2GHz processor
* 4-inch qHD capacitive touchscreen display
* Dual cameras: 5MP rear-facing camera/camcorder with flash and HD video recording and 1.3MP front-facing camera for video chat
* World Phone capabilities to make and receive calls and texts, and to access email and news from locations around the globe
* 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G network
* Wi-Fi® b/g/n capable
"With HTC and Sprint working together, the smash-hit HTC EVO 4G introduced the world to the possibilities of 4G," said Martin Fichter, vice president, product management, HTC America. "With the introduction of the fifth addition to the EVO family – HTC EVO Design 4G – HTC is expanding its diverse portfolio of 4G smartphones on Sprint's powerful 4G network."