SanDisk Offers 128GB CompactFlash Extreme Pro Card For $1499
SanDisk is clearly aiming the new card at professionals who crave the speed, particular those who shoot heavy amounts of 1080p video footage. If you need to shoot continuously with RAW+JPEG, there's hardly a better card. The only catch is the price: $1499.99. We'll let that sink in while we lead you to the full press announcement...
SANDISK ANNOUNCES WORLD'S FASTEST HIGH-CAPACITY COMPACTFLASH CARD
SanDisk Extreme® Pro™ CompactFlash® Card Offers Unprecedented Combination of Speed and Storage-Up to 100MB/sec Write Speed and 128GB Capacity
Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas, January 5, 2011-SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), the global leader in flash memory cards, today announced the world's fastest high-capacity CompactFlash® card. The latest milestone in SanDisk's long history of industry-leading products, the SanDisk Extreme® Pro™ CompactFlash® card features 128 gigabytes (GB)1 of storage and up to 100 megabyte per second (MB/sec)2 write speeds. With its Power Core® controller and UDMA-7 interface, the card delivers the performance demanded by high-end DSLR cameras.
"No other product on the market can match our new card's combination of speed and storage capacity," said Susan Park, director, product marketing, SanDisk. "By consistently pushing the boundaries of flash innovation, we are able to develop advanced products not found anywhere else."
With a set of features optimized for professional photographers and videographers, the 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash card is ideally suited for imaging applications requiring Full HD3 1920x1080 resolution, up to 50Mbps bit rate and 4:2:2 color sampling. The card's unprecedented combination of speed and storage lets photographers capture more frames when shooting in continuous burst mode, and enables them to record high quality Full HD videos.
* Up to 100MB/sec write speed enables shorter wait times and faster continuous burst shooting.
* Video Performance Guarantee4 allows for superior Full HD video recording at a sustained 20MB/sec write speed.
* 128GB capacity offers more room for capturing RAW+JPEG photos, sequential bursts, even Full HD and 3D video content.
* SanDisk's proprietary Power Core™ controller distributes data across the card more rapidly and efficiently, and the UDMA-7 interface allows for maximum data transfer between card and camera.
* Best-in-class quality assurance offers photographers peace of mind knowing that the card is backed by rigorous stress, shock, vibration, humidity and moisture testing procedures and a lifetime limited warranty5. The card features RTV silicone coating for added protection.
Availability and Pricing
The 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash card is available now for preorder at www.sandisk.com, and will be available at retailers worldwide later in Q1 2011. The card carries a suggested retail price of $1,499.99.
SanDisk Corporation is the global leader in flash memory cards – from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution. SanDisk's product portfolio includes flash memory cards for mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders; digital audio/video players; USB flash drives for consumers and the enterprise; embedded memory for mobile devices; and solid state drives for computers. SanDisk is a Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 company, with more than half its sales outside the United States.