RIM Launches BBM Music Into The BlackBerry App World
BBM Music is a cloud-based service that allows users to enjoy an evolving, community-based music library together with their BBM Music friends. The size of a user’s music library continues to grow as they invite friends to join their community. Each user can select music from a catalog of millions of songs from Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, EMI, IODA: Independent Online Distribution Alliance, VidZone Digital Media and The Orchard.
Here’s how it works:
- Download BBM Music from BlackBerry App World, and select 50 songs that will automatically be shared with your BBM Music friends
- The songs that your friends select (as well as the songs you selected) become part of your BBM Music library, thereby significantly increasing the number of songs you can listen to. For example: if you have 25 BBM Music friends, and each has 50 songs, your library could increase to 1,300 songs!
- You can create music playlists comprised of any number of songs from your BBM Music library
- Easily discover music that your BBM Music friends are listening to, and comment on your friends’ songs and playlists
- Songs can be cached, so you can listen to music even when out of wireless coverage, such as when you are on the subway or on a flight
- Each month, you can swap out up to half of the 50 songs you personally selected to explore new music