Nokia Introduces New Line Of Affordable Smartphones
The C5 provides direct access to favorite contacts directly from the handset's home screen. Additionally, Nokia has made it easy to access social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace from the phone. Nokia Messaging provides access to instant messaging and email accounts from Ovi Mail and other providers.
The C5 features a 3.2 megapixel camera, 2GB memory card, the latest version of Ovi Maps with free walk and drive navigation, and a number of applications from the Ovi Store. The Nokia C5 is expected to begin shipping to select markets during the second quarter of this year.
Nokia continues to lead the smartphone market globally with about 40% market share, though other manufacturers such as Apple and RIM have been encroaching on Nokia's share. While the new C5 is not designed to compete directly with the iPhone or BlackBerry smartphones, it could help wireless carriers sell mobile data packages to consumers who otherwise wouldn't consider a more expensive smartphone.
Nokia C5 specifications
- System: WCDMA
900/2100 with HSDPA/HSUPA
- User Interface: S60 platform 3rd Edition
- Dimensions: 12,3 x 46 x 112 mm
- Weight: 89.3 g
- Display: 2.2 inch QVGA (320 x 240) with up to 16.7 million colors
- Battery: Nokia Battery BL-5CT, 1050 mAh
- Memory: Up to 50 Mb user memory, 2GBMicroSD included in sales package (support for up to 16GB microSD memory card)
- Image capture: 3.2 megapixels
- Video capture: VGA at up to 15fps
- Talk time: Up to 12 hrs (GSM), 4.9 hrs (WCDMA)
- Standby time: Up to 630 hrs (GSM), 670 hrs (WCDMA)
- Integrated A-GPS
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Micro-USB connector
- 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector