New Sprint Campaign Highlights Firsts, Including First 4G Phone HTC EVO 4G
Today marks the day that the HTC EVO 4G from Sprint goes on sale nationwide. As the first combination 3G/4G phone to hit the market, we don't have to tell you this is a big deal. With the phone, Sprint is launching an integrated ad campaign that includes TV, print, online and direct-mail elements that highlight Sprint as the first national carrier in America with a 4G phone and 4G network.
Some of the highlights of the EVO 4G that you'll see in the ads include the ability to stream live video to the Web, the phone's mobile hotspot capability which lets you connect up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet, and more.
“Sprint is leading the evolution to 4G and this campaign reinforces our 4G leadership position while highlighting what consumers can do with this incredible phone, whether it’s on 3G or 4G,” said Bill Morgan, senior vice president of Corporate Marketing, Sprint. “There have been a number of notable ‘firsts’ in our country’s history and just like many of those innovations Sprint is reshaping how we live, work and play with HTC EVO 4G.”
As part of the campaign, Sprint is inviting customers to participate in history by capturing, sharing and bragging online about a variety of 4G firsts such as the first tweet at 4G speed, the 4G first wedding vows streamed live, or the first photo of an eight-person 4G hotspot. More details are available at www.sprint.com/firsts.
The HTC EVO 4G has a number of notable features, including:
- Two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera.
- Mobile video chat, so you and your children can see each other when you say goodnight while away on a business trip.
- Simultaneous voice and data in 4G and certain Wi-Fi coverage areas, so you can look at a seating chart while dialing in your order for theater tickets.
- Super-fast 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor, ensuring a smooth and quick movement within phone menus whether in 3G or 4G service areas.
- As a new way to search with pictures instead of words, Google Goggles™ works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels.
- A custom Web browser is optimized for the large 4.3-inch display for a rich Internet experience.