Kingston Intros SSDNow M Series SSD Upgrade Kits
In other words, this is a kit aimed directly at upgrader candidates, and it should help out notebook, desktop or workstation owners. Essentially, this allows HDD-based machines to switch to an SSD easily; the cloning application enables users to move every last byte from their HDD to the new SSD, and the USB enclosure makes sure the HDD still has a home (albeit an external one).
As for the drives, you can rest assured that you're getting some of the best out there, as they are both re-branded Intel X-25M units, which promise 250MB/sec read rates and 70MB/sec write rates. The bundles come backed with a three-year warranty and will cost $427.50 (80GB bundle) or $843.00 (160GB bundle).
Kingston Technology Offers SSDNow M Series Bundle Kit Makes Hard-Disk Drive to Solid-State Drive Upgrade Seamless
Fountain Valley, CA -- May 20, 2009 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, announced today it is shipping a bundle kit with the popular SSDNow M Series 80GB and 160GB solid-state drives. The SSDNow M Series are the Intel® X-25M SATA SSDs. The bundle combines the solid-state drives (SSD) with the software tools necessary to clone the contents of one’s hard-disk drive to the SSD, as well as installation hardware.
“This all-in-one kit is the perfect solution for enterprise companies, corporate end users and consumers to incorporate SSD technology into existing systems,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. “The Kingston SSDNow M Series Bundle makes moving the operating system, applications and all other data from a hard-disk drive to a solid-state drive quick and easy whether for a notebook, desktop or workstation.”
The bundle kit includes:
• SSDNow M Series 80GB or 160GB (Intel® X-25M SATA SSDs)
• Acronis® True Image hard drive cloning software and CD installation guide
• USB 2.5" enclosure with accompanying USB cable (for notebook PCs)
• 2.5" to 3.5" drive bay mounting brackets and screws (for desktop PCs)
• SATA data and power cable extenders (for desktop PCs)
The bundle is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston SSDNow M Series Features and Specifications:
• Fast: 250MB/sec. read, 70MB/sec. write
• Durable: no moving mechanical parts, enabling the SSD to handle rougher conditions
• Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
• Form factor: 2.5"
• Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
• Capacity*: 80GB, 160GB
• Storage temperatures: -55° C to 95° C
• Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
• Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
• Weight: 86 grams (+/- 2 grams)
• Vibration operating: 2.17 G (7–800Hz)
• Vibration non-operating: 3.13 G (10–500Hz)
• Power specs**: Active: 0.15 W TYP; Sleep 0.06 W TYP
• Life expectancy: 1.2 million hours mean time before failure
• Operating shock: 1,000 G/0.5 msec operating and non-operating
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Measurement based on IO meter
Kingston SSDNow M Series Solid-State Drives
- MSRP (U.S. only).
- SNM125-S2B/80GB; 80GB 2.5? SATA SSD w/Bundle; $427.50
- SNM125-S2B/160GB; 160GB 2.5? SATA SSD w/Bundle; $843.00
- SNM125-S2/80GB; 80GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive); $417.50
- SNM125-S2/160GB; 160GB 2.5? SATA SSD (stand-alone drive); $833.00
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Digital, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, Calif. 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/press/default.asp