Kingston Introduces SSDNow V “Value” Series SSDs
In an effort to help making upgrading to a solid state hard
drive more affordable, Kingston Technology is announcing the SSDNow V Series solid-state drive
(SSD) upgrade bundles. Designed for mass-market consumers and small and medium
businesses, the Kingston SSDNow V Series
upgrade bundles are the first products in Kingston’s series of low-cost,
value-driven SSD solutions for existing desktops and notebooks. The new drives
are available in 128GB and 64GB capacities.
"The SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles are a terrific solution - given the current economy - for cost-conscious consumers who want an instant performance increase on an existing computer at a very reasonable price point," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "We are trying to garner mass-market adoption of SSDs by bundling together all of the software, hardware and step-by-step instructions in a couple of low-cost options aimed squarely at everyday users. The V Series upgrade bundles are a perfect complement to our existing line of SSDNow products that target enterprise customers and prosumers."
Because Kingston's SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles come with cloning software, there is no need to reload the operating system or do anything that would alter critical data files on a drive. After cloning, the operating system and applications will reside on the SSD to deliver the best possible performance while the original hard drive can be used to store data such as music, videos, files, and photos.
For notebook users, Kingston's SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles provide the added benefit of less heat generation and additional ruggedness in comparison to traditional hard drives. Since the notebook upgrade kit comes with an external enclosure, you’ll be able to use your original hard drive for additional storage.
Louis Kaneshiro, senior technology manager, Kingston, said users can expect to see an overall drive improvement of approximately 50% over existing 7200RPM and 5400RPM hard-disk drives based on the company’s internal suite of benchmark tests.
The SSDNow V Series upgrade bundle kits include:
- Kingston SSDNow V Series solid-state drive
- Acronis True Image cloning software and CD installation guide
- 3.5" mounting brackets and hardware (desktop bundle only)
- SATA data and power cable extenders (desktop bundle only)
- 2.5" USB SATA external enclosure (notebook bundle only)
- Fast: up to 100MB/sec. read; 80MB/sec. write
- Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
- Form Factor: 2.5"; uses NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
- Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock Resistant: no moving parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Vibration operating: 2.17 G (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20 G (20-2000Hz)
- Power specs: 128GB Active: 2.5W (TYP); Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
V Series Solid-State Drives
MSRP (U.S. only)
64GB 2.5â€³ SATA SSD w/desktop bundle
64GB 2.5â€³ SATA SSD w/notebook bundle
128GB 2.5â€³ SATA SSD w/desktop bundle
128GB 2.5â€³ SATA SSD w/notebook bundle