Dead Space 3 Unseats Black Ops II in Game Sales
- Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
- Crysis 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines 2013 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U)
- Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PS Vita)
- Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita, Wii U)
Here's a breakdown of the sales:
- Total retail sales: $810 million (down 25 percent)
- Non-PC hardware: $224.2 million (down 36 percent)
- Non-PC software: $325 million (down 27 percent)
- Accessories: $213.9 million (down 3 percent)
- Total software: $369.9 billion (down 27 percent)
As seen above, hardware sales sank 36 percent in February, slipping to $224.2 million from $382.9 million There's reason to be optimistic, however.
"Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February," said Callahan. "Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively."
The Xbox 360 topped all hardware sales for February, marking the nineteenth straight month it's been the best selling console.