Is the SideKick
back? No, not by name, but it definitely is back in spirit. Sharp
, which doesn't have a huge amount of phones available for sale in the U.S., is about to get back into the spotlight with the new FX. It's a simply named phone, and it's designed as a "quick messenging" device, but it's capable of much more.
It's also the latest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device, complete with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, an MP3 player, 2MP camera (with camcorder) and Bluetooth 2.1. There's also a Web browser, AT&T Navigation, and the ability to watch mobile TV while in a 3G area. The service is provided by FLO TV, which costs $9.99/month and provides access to content from ABC Mobile, Adult Swim Mobile, CBS Mobile, CNBC, CNN Mobile, COMEDY CENTRAL, Disney Channel, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, msnbc, MTV, NBC 2Go, Nickelodeon, and more.
The Sharp FX will be available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online on July 25 for $99.99 after a rebate and new 2-year agreement, but that requires a minimum $20 messaging or combination of messaging and data plans required.
AT&T Adds Sharp FX Quick Messaging Phone with AT&T Mobile TV to Device Lineup
New quick messaging phone the first from Sharp in AT&T portfolio
Dallas, Texas, July 19, 2010
AT&T* today announced the July 25 availability of Sharp FX™, the first quick messaging phone from Sharp on the AT&T network and the latest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device. The Sharp FX is being brought to market by Personal Communications Devices, LLC.
The Sharp FX has a full touchscreen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard for quick access to messaging, IM, email and social networking. The device also features an MP3 player, 2.0 megapixel digital camera with camcorder and Bluetooth® 2.1.
Other available features include:
* AT&T Address Book, which syncs contacts to an online address book so customers can access and manage their mobile contacts from their handset — or their PC. Synchronization occurs automatically when any change is made, so contact information is always backed up.
* The att.net mobile browser that supports full HTML surfing and also makes it easy for customers to customize their home page, navigate quickly to popular content and find local information.
* AT&T Navigator, which provides turn-by-turn directions, traffic alerts with one-touch rerouting, 3D moving maps, integrated speech recognition and more.**
* AT&T Social Net, which lets customers access multiple social networking sites from one application
* The ability to send photos and videos captured on their mobile phone to an Online Locker where customers can easily store, manage and share all their media.##
AT&T Mobile TV subscribers enjoy around-the-clock access to full-length live and time-shifted programming from FLO TV, including content from ABC Mobile, Adult Swim Mobile, CBS Mobile, CNBC, CNN Mobile, COMEDY CENTRAL, Disney Channel, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, msnbc, MTV, NBC 2Go, Nickelodeon and the movie channel Crackle. AT&T Mobile TV is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive the first seven days of their subscription for free. For more information, visit www.att.com/mobiletv.
The Sharp FX will be available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com on July 25 for $99.99 (Pay $149.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. Two year service agreement and a minimum $20 messaging or combination of messaging and data plans required. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.)
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com