It has been quite some time since we've heard of any new wares coming from Patriot Memory
, but today the outfit is joining the quickly growing solid state drive market with a trio of devices. The company is debuting its Fusion SSD Series, a name that likely rings a bell for those familiar with the NAND Flash industry.
"By the addition of the DRAM cache, the Fusion greatly increases the random and sequential read and write transfer rates," according to Meng J. Choo, Patriot's Flash Product Manager. He goes on to say, "The DRAM acts as a buffer and increases the reliability, and lessens the possibility for 'bottlenecks' within the data transfers."
The drives are being made available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB sizes, though there's no word yet on pricing or availability.Features:
- Available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Interface: SATA I/II
- Raid Support: 0, 1, 0+1
- 256GB and 128GB:
Sequential Read: up to 260MB/s
Sequential Write: up to 180MB/s
Sequential Read: up to 220MB/s
Sequential Write: up to 135MB/s
- Shock Resistant: 1500G/0.5ms
- Vibration Resistant: 20G/10~2000Hz
with 3 Axis
- Operating Consumption & Power:
- Operating Temperature: 0?~70?
- Storage Temperature: -40?~ 85?
- MTBF: >2,500,000 Hours
- Data Retention: 5 years at 25?
- Data Reliability: Built in BCH 8, 12 and
- O/S Support: Windows?XP and Vista?
Linux, and Mac OS X?
- Dimensions: 99.88 x 69.63x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 91g
- Certification: FCC/CE/RoHS
- 2 Year Warranty
||Patriot Fusion 256GB SSD
||Patriot Fusion 128GB SSD
||Patriot Fusion 64GB SSD