Packard Bell Announces Liberty Tab Android 3.0 Tablet

Packard Bell just doesn't have the same ring as it once did, but that's largely because PB's operations are focused outside of North America now. That said, it's still a label that people are generally familiar with, and you really know the bandwagon is hopping once a company like this announces their own Honeycomb tablet. Up until now, Motorola's Xoom was the only Android 3.0 tablet that people could rattle off, but a few smaller companies have popped up since with Honeycomb tablets of their own. The Liberty Tab is the newest to make its debut, which is a new take on the Acer Iconia Tab A500.

Outside of the name, there aren't too many differences to focus on. There's a 10" display, two cameras, a Tegra 2 processor and Honeycomb as the OS. There's no real clear indication of when it'll start to ship out, but obviously we'd expect it to first land in Europe. There's a video below showcasing the features, but if you've seen the A500, you won't find too much to be shocked about.

Comments
omegadraco 3 years ago

I have not heard the name Packard Bell in many years. The last time I saw that name had to have been 20 years ago on the PC's at school.

inspector 3 years ago

lol i thought it was a SSD when i looked at the picture :P

Draco, i have never even heard of them before :P

English video anyone? :D

omegadraco 3 years ago

I have not seen them in the U.S. in quite some time. So it will be interesting to see if this tablet makes it's way here.

realneil 3 years ago

The very best Packard I ever saw was a car.

ma_deuce 3 years ago

We use to call it "Packard Hell". Thought they went belly up but looks like they fled the country.

rapid1 3 years ago

Rofl; they made my first store bought modern PC, and also made the rig I learned a lot of my initial knowledge about a PC on. It also had the first Pentium which had to be replaced by Intel for a bad math co-processor if I remember right. After that one II got a HP powerhouse when I worked for Compusa (aye the employee discount). Since them I have been building my own either way it looks pretty nice spec wise.

herlof 3 years ago

looks light weight and android 3.0 gonna be awesome

HHGrrl 3 years ago

I had forgotten about Packard Bell. Didn't realize they were still around. Will be interesting to see if/when this comes to the US.