Overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Round-Up

Today we're looking at a handful of high-end graphics cards made specifically for enthusiasts that accept no compromises. These factory overclocked GeForce GTX 580 cards from Gigabyte, MSI, and ZOTAC, the GV-N580UD-15I, the N580GTX M2D15D5/OC, and Amp! ZT-50102-10P represent the most powerful single GPU boards currently available...

Overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Round-Up

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
realneil 3 years ago

I like the looks of the Gigabyte card myself.

ThunderBird 3 years ago

Great review just wondering why no EVGA card thrown in the mix?

I ask cause I know they have been an exclusive Nvidia partner for many years.

infinityzen1 3 years ago

I have always liked the Gigabyte UD video cards. That is why I have their 5870UD. They all overclock like a demon. Mine is more than fast enough that I won't be looking for a new card until at least next generation.

SammyHayabuza 3 years ago

I also like the Gigabyte card, it would be my choice out of the three. And there's also the ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II which is an awesome card, and it adds a display port but its triple slot..woooot.

coolice 3 years ago

Well... was i the only one to think 3 fans > 1 fan any day? haha, doesnt matter even if its lower rpm. the fact that soo much air is moving all around. Its still impressive for g/b..... 20 degrees cooler.

realneil 3 years ago

Frozr has proven to be a superior design so far. Of course they'll release a 580 that's got the Frozr III cooler design. Buy it for me,.....

JRackley 3 years ago

[quote user="coolice"]I wonder if msi will release a frozr series for this series... i'd like to see how that would fare against the g/b then.[/quote]

they have, go check newegg, but i dont know why they didnt choose that card for the test

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="JRackley"]i dont know why they didnt choose that card for the test[/quote]

Most of these cards are provided by the manufacturers for HH to review. What was on hand was tested, I'm sure.

AKwyn 3 years ago

At least we got to see that Gigabyte card in action... Though we may never know if the PCB is stock or custom made.

InfinityzeN1 3 years ago

The Gigabyte UD cards all have custom PCB.

rrplay 3 years ago

I like the Gigabyte card myself and it would certainly perform quite well for me for quite some time.Lot's of headroom and should be plenty cool enough .

omegadraco 3 years ago

EVGA is definitely missing in this lineup.

wannab 3 years ago

Man id love to see one of these puppies in my rig ;)

rapid1 3 years ago

Hmm a couple of these bad boys running in the HH contest system which someone will be lucky enough to win before to long.

DScheive 3 years ago

gigabytes just an all around good company! All products i have from them are exceptional and have had little or no problems... i guess im getting the n580UD now :)

KAdair 3 years ago

yea ive always used gigabyte motherboard always reasonably priced and never let me down. Im a gigabyte fanboy what can I say I wish gigabyte would have overclocked like the other to but lol look at those fans im sure it runs real cool