NVIDIA TRANSFORMS HIGH-END VISUALIZATION WITH NEW QUADRO FX 4800 GRAPHICS CARD SANTA CLARA, CA - December 2, 2008
Added Graphics Memory, High Color Fidelity and Next-generation GPU Architecture Enables Ultra-fast Application Performance for MCAD, DCC and Broadcast Professionals
- Today, mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD), digital content creation (DCC) and broadcast applications received a major performance boost with the introduction of the NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 4800 ultra-high-end professional graphics card. With advances in GPU architecture, added graphics memory and 30-bit color, the Quadro FX 4800 gives professionals the right toolset to dramatically push the boundaries of realism, performance and quality.
"In this increasingly competitive landscape, it's imperative that professionals deliver better, faster and more cost-effective results," said Jeff Brown general manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. "NVIDIA is not only addressing this challenge, but is raising the ultra-high-end visualization bar by creating specialized solutions to meet the direct needs of professionals - whether it be a geophysicists or MCAD designer."
Equipped with 192 CUDAT parallel computing cores, the Quadro FX 4800 delivers a 2X performance increase over previous generations of ultra-high-end graphics cards. Key features in the Quadro FX 4800 include:
- Real-time Visualization of Large Data Sets
- Equipped with 1.5 GB graphics memory, the Quadro FX 4800 has the capacity to process large textures and frames in real time while providing fill rates of 38 billion texels per second and geometry performance of 300 million triangles per second.
-Increased Image Quality
- A 128-bit precision graphic pipeline and 32x FSAA for better image clarity and quality.
-Ultra-high Color Fidelity and Resolutions
- Dual 10-bit display ports delivering a color palette of over a billion colors, orders of magnitude greater than previous generations of graphics cards. Also included is a single dual-link digital display connector for ultra-high resolution panels of up to 3840 x 2400 at 24Hz.
- A CUDA parallel computing processor architecture exposed through a C language environment and tool suite. In combination with high-performance visualization, CUDA unleashes new capabilities to solve highly complex challenges such as real-time ray tracing, video encoding and interactive volume rendering.Pricing and Availability
NVIDIA Quadro solutions are widely available through leading system manufacturers and workstation integrators, and NVIDIA channel partners PNY Technologies (US and EMEA), Leadteck (APAC), and Elsa (Japan). The NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 is available today and has a MSRP of $1,999 USD. For more information on NVIDIA professional technologies and products, please visit: www.nvidia.com/quadro
1.5 GB GDDR3 GPU Memory with ultra fast memory bandwidth
Massive 1.5GB frame buffer and memory bandwidth up to 76.8 GB/sec. delivers high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and high-performance for real time processing of large textures and frames and enables the highest quality and resolution full-scene antialiasing (FSAA).128-Bit Precision Graphics Pipeline
Enables sophisticated mathematical computations to maintain high accuracy, resulting in unmatched visual quality. Full IEEE 32-bit floating-point precision per color component (RGBA) delivers millions of color variations with the broadest dynamic range.64-Bit Floating Point Precision
Sets new standards for image clarity and quality through 64-bit floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.Advanced Color Compression, Early Z-Cull
Improved pipeline color compression and early z-culling to increase effective bandwidth and improve rendering efficiency and performance.Cg High-Level Graphics Shader Language
Cg—“C” for graphics—is a high-level, open-standard programming language for OpenGL that takes advantage of the power of programmable GPUs. Quadro programmable graphics pipelines leverage high-level shading languages to enable the creation and integration of real-time photorealistic effects into 3D models, scenes, and designs.Essential for Microsoft® Windows Vista®
Offering an enriched 3D user interface, increased application performance, and the highest image quality, NVIDIA Quadro graphics boards and NVIDIA OpenGL ICD drivers are optimized for 32- and 64-bit architectures to enable the Windows Vista experience.Fast 3D Texture Transfer
Fast transfer and manipulation of 3D textures resulting in more interactive visualization of large volumetric dataset.Frame Synchronization
Allows the display channels from multiple workstations to be synchronized, thus creating one large "virtual display" that can be driven by a multisystem cluster for performance scalability.Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)