NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Debuts

If you’ve been on top of the graphics space the last few months, you’ll no doubt be aware that NVIDIA recently introduced the GeForce GTX 580 and 570, which feature the GF110 GPU; an updated version of the GF100 which arrived with the GeForce GTX 480. In a similar move, the GF114 GPU that powers the new GeForce GTX 560 Ti is a fresh take on the GF104, which debuted on the GeForce GTX 460 a few months back.

We’ve got a couple of GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards in the lab, a reference model from NVIDIA and a factory overclocked speedster from MSI, the N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II. Strap yourself in and come along for the ride as we check out what will undoubtedly be a popular card with budget conscious PC gamers...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Debuts

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
InfinityzeN1 3 years ago

It is actually good to see a nice solid card from Nvidia with a good price.  AMD still has the advantage of selling smaller chips with roughly the same performance for roughly the same price.

realneil 3 years ago

"As an interesting aside, one of the most interesting “features” of the 1GB Radeon HD 6970 we received was its date of manufacture. Yeah, you’re reading the sticker in the image correctly."

What were those dip switches in that picture for?

****************************************************

Nice review guys. This looks to be an affordable, but capable choice for those cleaving to a budget.

SammyHayabuza 3 years ago

Nice, I guess a lot of people have been waiting for this card  for the performance and @ the excellent price range it is offered in.  As of now the GTX 560 is at the top of my list for for my Cuda Enabled needs.

One things for sure, expect the 470 and 460 to have excellent discounts and offers, so we the consumers are the winners, plus the used cards prices will also  come down, so early February will be a great time to upgrade.

Hey, when can we expect a SLI review?....Two of these bad boys,no doubt , outperform the GTX 580.

3vi1 3 years ago

Great review.

This is probably the first card I would consider if I were building a new system right now.  I can just never make myself spend $300 or more on a card.  Until AMD steps up their driver releases to keep current with Xorg/kernel improvements, nVidia's much less hassle for me.

ERoman 3 years ago

I love the fact that you guys use f1 2010 for testing! I play that game with my 5770 and it looks and run pretty good at everything max out.

My next upgrade will be that 6970 :)

realneil 3 years ago

AMD just released Open GL 4.1 drivers for Linux,...right?

coolice 3 years ago

Sweet, the price is... i wish a tad bit lower, but then that applies to everything i want haha.

But good nonetheless. Though i'm not a gamer, my younger brother is... and hes annoyed by the Sapphite HD 3850 getting older.

I was looking at the ATI 6000's series, havnt looked into it with detail, but i might just consider this as a factor. Aahh, between this, a monitor, a new desktop (just cpu/mobo/ram), a PnS camera plus a few more things that need upgrading... Hothardware with their constant updated news makes these decisions even harder hahaha

rrplay 3 years ago

yep this card hits a great price performance ratio and is much more affordable for me at this time, because what I would gain in performance between the 570/580 would be negligible for me since I would rather spend $ on a bigger SSD and HD storage

jonation 3 years ago

[quote user="rrplay"] I would rather spend $ on a bigger SSD[/quote]

Speaking of which, when will 120gb ssd (sandforce) not be $200+ ... The revodrive should have driven down those prices.

mentaldisorder 3 years ago

This card looks good.  The price seems right for what you're getting.  Then again, the prices always even themselves out with all of the releases.

rrplay 3 years ago

[quote user="mentaldisorder"]

.. Then again, the prices always even themselves out with all of the releases.

yep the prices do drop with new releases..like AMD cpu price drops earlier this week    yeahSmile

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="rrplay"]yep the prices do drop with new releases[/quote]

The market for Graphics Cards is extremely cutthroat, and it's usually to the benefit of the people buying them. This is even more apparent if you are able to wait a while before you buy one.

Thinking about it, it's something that we see happen with most computer parts. I'm not gonna complain about it either. Big Smile

mentaldisorder 3 years ago

[quote user="realneil"]This is even more apparent if you are able to wait a while before you buy one.[/quote]

It reminds me of gambling.  You just need to know when to pull the plug, or the equivalent here is when to make the purchase.

rrplay 3 years ago

[quote user="mentaldisorder"]

yep kinda like "waiting in the weeds"before makeing your move

@mentaldisorder I liked you analogy re: gambling aka gotta know when to hold 'em and pull  the $$ trigger at the apropo time

it's sharing stuff like this that make HH a great community for the savy

dadodgeson 3 years ago

i was thinking about this card and i do like it but i belive i will go for the 580 sli evga only i have had three bad cards from msi and 2 bad mobo no more for me

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="dadodgeson"]i was thinking about this card and i do like it but i belive i will go for the 580 sli evga[/quote]

The 580's are a whole different ballgame considering what you pay for them. Two together would be Kick-A*S*S for sure.

I just bought a MSI GTX-560Ti Twin Frozr-II and I'm liking the performance of it. I also have an ASUS GTX-570 that is pretty nice too. I'll probably be selling my two XFX Radeon cards now (5850 & 6870) because I do like these NVIDIA cards a little better. (I like the Phys-X and Cuda capabilities)

coolice 3 years ago

[quote user="realneil"]

that good?? damn, i thought ATI was kickin butt... Also depending on your price, i might be interested in either of those cards... I keep on getting open GL errors when i try to render more than 100 layers on After effects with my 5450 hahaha. I'm assuming its the CPU and ram capabilities that are bottlenecking everything.