Microsoft Job Postings Reveal New Holiday Stores, Impending Xbox 720 Launch

Need a job for the holidays? You might be in luck. Microsoft plans to open at least a dozen so-called 'pop-up' retail stores across the U.S. and Canada, from Massachusetts to California, this coming holiday season. These "Microsoft Holiday Store" locations are undoubtedly an effort to kickstart Windows 8 and aggressively push the company's upcoming Surface tablet and handset devices.

The locations appear in a series of job postings on Microsoft's website and currently include Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; North Miami, FL; Miami, FL; Downtown Chicago, IL; Braintree, MA; Natick, MA; St. Louis, MO; Manhattan, NY; Cleveland, OH; Portland, OR; and San Antonio, TX.

Microsoft Retail Store

Microsoft didn't tip exactly when the stores will open their doors or when they'll close shop, but they are looking to hire for various levels of employment, from sales reps to store managers and assistant managers.

Xbox 720 Concept
Xbox 720 Concept by 3DEricDesign - deviantart

In related news, another job posting (that's been pulled, incidentally), seems to strongly suggest Microsoft's next generation Xbox console will launch by the end of 2013. The ad stated that "over the next 18 months, Microsoft will release new versions of Windows (Client, Server, Phone, and Azure), Office, and Xbox, along with completely new offerings like Microsoft Surface."

Via:  Microsoft
Tags:  Microsoft, retail, stores
Comments
karanm 2 years ago

BOO no Toronto location!! I wasn't gonna apply for a job (unless the discount was worth it) but i would liked to go and try out the new toys that should be out by then.

Erakith 2 years ago

On a semi-related topic, that concept looks AWESOME.

insidesin 2 years ago

Aw, there's only one location in all of Canada at the moment :[

That concept design looks really interesting though. Very futuresque.

3vi1 2 years ago

This past week, our 360 developed RROD... for the second time. I also had one of the first original XBoxes witht he defective DVDs. If I run out and buy a 720 or any other Microsoft hardware, shoot me, please.

Erakith 2 years ago

[quote user="3vi1"]

You'll do it, you know you will.

I will too.

I never got the RROD personally, but I've fixed over 10 of them from friends and family.

Aoshi 2 years ago

Ehhh I'll believe it when I see it.

3vi1 2 years ago

Nope. Not this time.

There's a saying I made up: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Foul me seven times, and I just might have a learning disability.