Lian Li launches PC-XB01 Xbox 360 Chassis

Lian Li launches PC-XB01: the Xbox 360 Chassis replacement

Lian Li shows Microsoft how it’s done!

14 August 2008, Keelung, Taiwan – Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd will launch the PC-XB01 chassis for the Xbox 360 today. The XB01 is a chassis replacement for the XBox 360 chassis, which alleviates heating issues from hot components and reduces noise from vibrating optical drives in the original case design. The PC-XB01 requires DIY knowledge for the transfer of components, but once completed, heat will no longer be a factor in dampening your XBox 360 gaming experience.

Lian Li is an executive upper-class aluminum PC chassis manufacturer, well renowned as the ultimate brand for modding and stylish designs. Those same attributes are incorporated in the PC-XB01. Including an all-aluminum black hair-line brushed anodized chassis. The case has the traditional filed edges to reduce sharp corners, as well as folded and handcrafted aspects synonymous with Lian Li’s superior quality and high safety standards.

The PC-XB01 is 160 x 250 x 415mm (W, D, H), giving lots of space for copious cool airflow. The 120mm (1500RPM) rear fan draws off the heat from inside the case effectively and silently, while the ODD region is encased in stylized foam to reduce noise experienced from spinning disks in standard units.

All the Xbox 360 ports are hidden behind stylish dust covers and the ODD bay also has a spring loaded dust cover for aesthetic appeal and convenience. The unit can be placed horizontally, or vertically, depending on your needs, and the water cooling pipe holes are an option to use should you be inclined to do so. The case is designed to fit the entire Xbox 360 internals similar to the original, with the power transformer attaching from the outside.

The Lian Li PC-XB01 is the perfect complement to the Xbox 360 to alleviate heating issues. The stylish exterior gives your product a sense of class and will fit in with almost any living room environment. Microsoft Inc is very strict on warranties, so it should be noted that you will not be able to return your product if you use the Lian Li PC-XB01 alternative. With that being said, you are less likely to have overheating.

Via:  Lian Li
Comments
warlord 6 years ago

Sweet I have a few friends whom will drool later today. ;)

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

looks much better than the stock box.

warlord 6 years ago

With dremel in hand there is alot of potential in this case. You could pull off some CRAZY windowed mods and light effect in that case. Also plenty of room for water in there too.

Fold ON!!!!!!

nelsoncp21 6 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. Although you would probally have to do some sort of external kit as I doubt there is room for a pump in there. Just another instance of how consoles are more and more pc's nowadays.

Something else I just noticed. I am not sure why they made the WC holes so far from the fan. If I was going to mount a rad off the back of that thing I would want the holes alot closer so that the tubing could go straight into the case. With the way it's designed you would have to bend the tubing up. Oh well just the little things you notice I guess.

warlord 6 years ago

Sure there is it doesn't take alot of flow for 1 of these units http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=281&cat=4&page=1

nelsoncp21 6 years ago

Yeah I have seen these pumps. Having never seen the actual hardware in an xbox 360 I couldn't say for sure but I suspect that it would be very cramped inside. It may be possible though.

warlord 6 years ago

I think with a little effort and of course my handy dremel i could get the rad inside and then cover it with a grill for protection, but i always like it internal. Keeps it easy to move. When you have a rad hanging you have to be alot more carful about transport.

warlord 6 years ago

After seeing a shot on a another site with gear in play, I'm certain a 120mm rad would fit  inside and not impeed airflow . You would have to mount the rad to the lid but it can be done.

^Bad_Boy^ 6 years ago
Sweet Stuff..

And how much does it run for?? $$ ??
amdcrankitup 6 years ago
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

XBOX 360 w/ internal liquid cooling!

YouTube vids: HERE  and HERE

nelsoncp21 6 years ago

[quote user="amdcrankitup"]Im wanting to build a rig with enough room for a PC and the 360 in the same case.Maybe Nelsons new case would work!Hmmm![/quote]

Lol. No way man. you shall not disgrace my case by putting a 360 in it. that would be pretty neat thoughWink.

3vi1 6 years ago

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="3vi1"]It would be even nicer if it could hold a 360, PS3, and Wii, all in one (since you only play one at a time, heat is not the major problem).

It could be pretty compact, if they came up with an all-in-one PSU and ways to consolidate common ports like USB and HDMI.[/quote]

Where there's a will, there's a way.

jtm55 6 years ago

[quote user="recoveringknowitall"]Where there's a will, there's a way[/quote]

Hi All

Nuff Said

Der Meister 6 years ago

intresting im guessing it will void the worranty with MS though

dreadmonkey 6 years ago
I have read that it will void the warranty cracking open the case. But if you are past your warranty period and want to do something "cool" with your xbox, this does look tasty.

if you have the skillz and time, check out what this guy did:
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

Nice find/awesome project!

warlord 6 years ago

I rememeber seeing this xbox 360 lappy here while back. Very clean work for sure

Fold On!!!!!

ice91785 6 years ago
my stupid american brain is having trouble with those darned metric dimensions -- im guessing it is a titch larger than the stock casing is...?

Kinda a cross between SFF and microATX perhaps.?
bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

warlord 6 years ago

Thanks for the linkage Big Smile

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

No problem. I know its a older thread but I haven't seen anything about the case untill yesterday.

warlord 6 years ago

I like the looks of it but not enough to buy a 360. Now a case in simuliar fashion would be great for a miniatx machine i have