LG Ally Comes To Verizon May 20 For $99.99 On Contract
If you're committed to VZW and have no interest in testing the 4G waters, LG's Ally isn't a bad option. Featuring a large 3.2" touch screen (with vibration feedback), a silver-and-black case, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, microSD card slot, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 (with unlimited pairing and support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, stereo, audio/visual remote control, file transfer, phonebook access, basic printing and instant sharing of photos and videos), a built-in MP3/WMA music player and one-touch speakerphone, it's got pretty much everything one would expect from an Android handset.
There's also a 3.2MP camera, five customizable home screens, a proximity sensor and a video record mode. Unlike most Android phones coming out today, this one will retail for $99.99 (as opposed to $199.99) after mail-in rebate and on a new two-year contract, with pre-sales starting today and shipments starting May 20th.
* Ergonomic silver-and-black outer case
* Large 3.2” tempered glass touch screen featuring touch vibration for tactile feedback
* Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
* microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
* Wi-Fi Enabled® (802.11 b/g/n)
* Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with unlimited pairing and support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, stereo, audio/visual remote control, file transfer, phonebook access, basic printing and instant sharing of photos and videos
* Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
* One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
* Five customizable home screens with shortcuts to text messages, e-mail, apps, favorite social networking sites and widgets
* Access to up to 38,000 apps from around the world in Android Market™
* Luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions
* Proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone
* S-GPS support for enhanced location accuracy in addition to turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps™
* Access to updates on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook®, etc.
* 3D App launcher and Live Wallpaper
* 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with flash that includes:
o Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
o Zoom up to 4.0 times
o Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
o Panorama for three guided sequential shots
o Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
o Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
o Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use a self-timer
o Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
o Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
o Video recording time up to 16 GB
Pricing and availability:
* The LG Ally will be available for pre-order online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning May 13. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on May 20. Pricing will be $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* LG Ally customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk Plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
* For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.