Fancy yourself too cool for regular RAM that any ordinary Joe can get their hands on? Then what you're looking for is a kit made out of Northern White Rhinoceros hide or some other critically endangered species. Of course if you find one, it'll cost a king's ransom and you'll be letting the world know your moral compass is severely busted (note to PETA: we don't condone RAM made out of animals, though we do enjoy a juicy steak from time to time).
We're already digressing, so let's get on point. Kingston Technology
today announced a new HyperX Red Limited Edition memory series, so you can feel special about your memory without running afoul of any laws or moral codes. Sleek and aggressive looking (Kingston's words), the modules come in the following configurations:
- KHX1600C9D3B1RK2/8GX: 8GB 1600MHz, XMP CL9-9-9-27 - $54
- KHX1333C9D3B1RK/8G: 8GB 1333MHz, CL9-9-9-27 - $54
- KHX1600C9D3B1R/4G: 4GB 1600MHz, CL9-9-9-27 - $31
- KHX133C9D3B1R/4G: 4GB 1333MHz, CL9-9-9-27 - $31
Kingston also announced a new look for its HyperX LoVo (low voltage) memory modules that are streamlined with a standard green color but with a heatspreader similar to the HyperX Genesis line. Kits include:
- KHX1600C9D3LK2/8GX: 8GB 1600MHz, CL9-9-9-27, 1.35V - $58
- KHX1600C9D3LK2/4GX: 4GB 1600MHz, CL9-9-9-27, 1.35V - $46
All kits are available now.