To the best of our knowledge, ECS
just did something no other motherboard maker has yet done. What is it, you ask? They jumped on the 3D bandwagon by releasing a new motherboard "specially designed for 3D home theater" setups.
ECS brings a bunch of buzzwords to the table to promote its latest micro-ATX motherboard. In terms of 3D, the ECS Black Deluxe H67H2-M fully supports HDCP and 3D Blu-ray movies without installing a discrete graphics card. There's also ECS' "4most Display Design," which means it comes equipped with DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA outputs.
Other notable features include:
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Supports 2x SATA 6Gbps, 1x eSATA 3Gbps, 3x SATA 3Gbps, 1x SATA to eSATA cable
- Easy Debug LED display
- Anti-crash USB/Video connectors
- All solid capacitors
- 8 channel HD audio with S/PDIF out
- Qooltech III dual-heatpipe cooling solution
- Powered USB ports capable of juicing Apple devices
- Onboard Power and Reset buttons
It's actually a nice looking board (from what we've seen in pictures) with a fairly robust feature-set for a mATX design. No word yet on when it will be available or what it will cost.