If there's anything in the world that's true, it's that there is a near-constant flow of new notebooks flowing out these days. It's clear that the world is becoming more and more mobile, as the ratio of laptop to desktop releases has to be around 5:1 at this point. Every week now, it feels as if one laptop
maker or another has a new machine to consider, and both AMD
and Intel are investing heavily in the advancement of mobile CPUs.
This week, Dell
's the lucky winner. They're introducing the Inspiron R series, which features Intel's new and improved Sandy Bridge series of processors. These new rigs are designed for style-focused consumers, with loads of color options and an interchangeable lid option standing out. Dell's labeling this feature SWITCH, and tucking the new lid designs into the overall Design Studio. It's not the first time Dell has offered a notebook with a switchable lid, but rarely have you had such choices. There's a 14", 15" and 17" Inspiron R to choose from, with HD display options and improved battery life figures.
The Inspiron 15R is capable of lasting an impressive 13 hours under ideal conditions (with the optional 9-cell battery), and you'll also get USB 3.0 ports to take advantage of the newest high-speed peripherals. There are plenty of CTO options to wade through: 2nd-gen Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 CPUs, 6-cell or 9-cell battery packs, Intel Wireless Display for wire-free 1080p playback on your HDTV, support for Blu-ray playback, HDMI 1.4, an HD-capable webcam, chiclet-style keyboard and Windows 7 Home Premium.
These new machines start at $529.99, with each lid retailing for $39.99. Specifics on each are available below.
Switch into Spring with the New Inspiron R Series from Dell
* New InspironTM R line expands Dell’s leading-edge portfolio of products with 2nd Generation Intel® CoreTM processors
* Inspiron R is fun, stylish and fast featuring the latest technology, a superior entertainment experience, impressive battery life and a new interchangeable lid option
* Just pop.click.switch: New SWITCH by Design Studio lids allow for a new look at any moment
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The new Inspiron R series joins Dell’s expansive collection of laptops and desktops equipped with the latest Intel processors and are fun, stylish and lightning quick. Available today at Dell.com, the new Inspiron R 14-, 15- and 17-inch laptops deliver incredible mobile entertainment, high-definition displays and outstanding battery life, but that’s just the beginning.
“Our Inspiron R models equipped with 2nd gen Intel Core processors deliver the ultimate in entertainment and mobility and because customers value both performance and style, the eye-catching lids are designed to suit your mood or style at any given moment”
The perfect combination of brains and beauty - the latest addition to the Inspiron family also introduces an innovative new design twist: new SWITCH by Design Studio interchangeable lids that switch the look of Inspiron R laptops with just a pop and a click1. The SWITCH by Design Studio collection includes 25 new eye-popping lids sporting vibrant colors and unique designs. Start the day with a Peacock Blue lid, and switch it out for a design-inspired look at night.
But the Inspiron R shouldn’t be judged by its cover(s) alone. Packing the latest 2nd generation Intel Core technology, the Inspiron R laptops benefit from sleek form factors, up to 13 hours of battery life2 on the Inspiron 15R with the optional 9-cell battery and incorporate the latest USB 3.0 technology to make transferring photos, videos, music and other graphics-rich files faster than ever.
Performance? Check! What about the lids? Carefully selected from Dell Design Studio’s curated collections, the contemporary art and graphic designs available from SWITCH by Design Studio offer exclusive selections from outstanding independent artists, designers and partners including OPI and Threadless and charitable partners, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and (PRODUCT)RED™, where a portion of proceeds benefit each organization, respectively3. And new with SWITCH by Design Studio, available today, are four Eastern-inspired designs from the India collection.
“Our Inspiron R models equipped with 2nd gen Intel Core processors deliver the ultimate in entertainment and mobility and because customers value both performance and style, the eye-catching lids are designed to suit your mood or style at any given moment,” said Sam Burd, vice president Dell’s Consumer & SMB Product Group. “With the Inspiron-R series, we’re living up to our heritage of delivering the performance you need to do more, and with SWITCH by Design Studio, you can look good while doing it,” Burd added.
Inspiron R: The Dell Difference
With a range of entertainment, storage, productivity and show-stopping design options available on the Inspiron R, Dell makes it easy for people to go online and choose the perfect Inspiron R laptop with confidence, knowing it will be a smart investment that will deliver the ideal technology-by-design for them.
Inspiron R: Key Features
* 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processor options and up to 8GB of memory4
* Weight starting at 4.94 lbs for the Inspiron 14R5
* 6-cell battery included with 9-cell battery options6
* SRS Premium Audio and high-definition video performance
* Intel Wireless Display technology for wireless projection of full 1080p video and 5.1 surround sound to your home theater for a breath-taking movie-viewing experience7
* Support for Blu-ray 3D movie playback when equipped with the optional Blu-ray drive and connected to your 3D TV (HDMI 1.4 required)8
* Integrated Dell Stage software, providing one-click access to photos, music, videos, social-networking sites, e-books and more
* HD capable webcam
* ChicletTM-style keyboard9
* Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium with option for Professional
* Optional SWITCH by Design Studio lids featuring the new India Collection and designs from OPI, Threadless.com, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, (PRODUCT)RED™ and various artists
Pricing and Availability
The new Inspiron R models are available today in the U.S. on Dell.com and will be available through Dell’s U.S. retail partners in the coming months.
* Inspiron 14R (SWITCH by Design Studio model with black lid): Starts at $579.99
* Inspiron 15R (SWITCH by Design Studio model with black lid): Starts at $529.99
* Inspiron 17R (SWITCH by Design Studio model with black lid): Starts at $579.99
* SWITCH by Design Studio lids: Start at $39.9910