As media streaming becomes more and more common, faster Internet speeds become more commonplace. D-Link is proving as much, introducing a new Wireless AC1200 dual-band USB adapter. It enables consumers to upgrade their existing laptops and desktop computers to support AC technology, which can be used in conjunction with an 802.11ac router for maximum throughput. For added flexibility, this adapter is backwards compatible with previous generation 802.11 a/g/n Wi-Fi standards. Users need only to plug the adapter into an available USB port and wirelessly connect to a network to access a secure, high-speed internet connection. In addition, it comes with a USB cradle for optimal ease-of-use and flexible placement for best performance.For those who weren't aware, 802.11ac is a new wireless networking standard that offers much faster data speeds than the current 802.11n, at up to one gigabit per second, by sending multiple simultaneous streams of data from access points to devices.
The Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter delivers a range of performance and security features, including:
- Wireless AC Technology for Superior Wireless Performance – Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Dual Band N Technology for use in 2.4GHz or 5GHz Networks
- Compatible with Existing Wi-Fi Networks (a/g/n)
- Access Secure Networks using WPA™ or WPA2™
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) Push Button for Easy Connection to a Wireless Network
- USB Extension Cradle for Placement Flexibility
The D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter (DWA-182) is now available at Amazon.com and Newegg.com for the price of $69.99 and at retailers in late November. More information about the Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter (DWA-182) is available on D-Link's website.