Confirmed: No Madden '09 for PC

No, Madden football game fans, it wasn't an early April Fool's Day joke. When Electronic Arts announced Madden '09 last week, conspicuous by its absence was any mention of the PC as a supported platform. And EA Sports president Peter Moore confirmed Wednesday that Madden NFL '09 will indeed not be released on the PC.

The title will still appear on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, DS and PSP, leaving PC Madden fans feeling a bit left out. Moore notes that Madden '09 is not the only PC title receiving the axe, and that it represents a larger decision by EA Sports to cut back on their number of PC releases. It's unknown if EA will continue to release future versions of Madden on the PC, or if this is the end of Madden on the PC altogether. Luckily, gamers can still experience the latest iteration of EA's flagship sports franchise on a plethora of platforms. Just not on the computer.

Even more sadly - this is the 20th anniversary edition.  R.I.P.
Via:  Joystiq
Tags:  PC
Comments
Crisis Causer 6 years ago

I hope they don't do this for the NHL series.  I have NHLs 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2007 for PC and although wasn't interested with 2008 from the demo, I may go for 2009 if it's good.  I could get it for Xbox 360, but I prefer PCs since it's the cheaper version.

ice91785 6 years ago
Crisis Causer 6 years ago

[quote user="ice91785"]Meh, Madden has always really been more of a console game IMO anyway....Sports games on PC just isn't how I roll anyway :P[/quote]

If you have decent gamepads, and what's the difference?  Madden doesn't use split screen for multiplayer, does it?  I know NHL doesn't, and that's why I just stick with PC.  No way I'd play with keyboard and mouse, yikes.

ice91785 6 years ago

[quote user="Crisis Causer"]Madden doesn't use split screen for multiplayer, does it?[/quote]

Nossir it does not

[quote user="Crisis Causer"]No way I'd play with keyboard and mouse, yikes.[/quote]

Haha, that is what I was referencing -- what kinda gamepad you use? And is it primarily for sports games or...

Crisis Causer 6 years ago

I just use a PS2 style gamepad.  Then it becomes pretty much is the exact same thing as consoles anyway.

vicaphit 6 years ago

Oh darn, they can't market the same game to PC users over and over again for a decade.