Broadcom Ships Bluetooth(R) v3.0 + High Speed Functionality Across Its Bluetooth Portfolio
The Broad Availability of the New Standard will Drive the Adoption of Bluetooth for High-Speed Data Synchronization, File Transfer and Remote Control Applications
IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM), a global leader in semiconductors for wired and wireless communications, today announced that it has added support for the recently adopted Bluetooth® v3.0 + HS (High Speed) specification broadly across its Bluetooth and InConcert® combo chips and modules. The new standard greatly enhances the capabilities of Bluetooth technology in smartphones, personal computers, netbooks and other devices by enabling file transfers at speeds up to 24 Megabits per second (Mbps), utilizing an available 802.11 wireless LAN (WLAN) radio. By implementing Bluetooth 3.0 + HS across its Bluetooth and WLAN portfolios, Broadcom is helping drive novel applications such as remote control while also delivering ease-of-use and speed for other common applications such as File Transfer and Synchronization.
Broadcom's Bluetooth v3.0 + HS compliant technology is now in production with ODM partners in a mini-PCIe combo module for notebook computers and a combo single chip based SIP module targeting smartphones.
· Personal computers, netbooks, smartphones and other consumer electronics (CE) devices are adding Bluetooth v3.0 + HS wireless functionality to extend the user experience and facilitate high-speed file transfer and synchronization among devices.
· As a leading supplier of both Bluetooth and WLAN technology, and a leader in combination ('combo') chip products that combine both radios in a single chip design, Broadcom is in a unique position to drive Bluetooth v3.0 + HS adoption, further expanding the utility of Bluetooth in CE devices by enabling users to easily move large data files from their mobile phones to PCs and digital TVs.
· Several of Broadcom's silicon, software and combo chip solutions have achieved Bluetooth v3.0 qualification, including:
· The Broadcom® BCM2070, BCM2075, BCM43225 and BCM4325 chips, along with the BCM94312 half mini-card Bluetooth + WLAN solution.
· Key versions of Broadcom's advanced Bluetooth software including BTE-Mobile 3.15.2, BTW 5.6, and BTW 6.3.
· To ensure strong performance of its Bluetooth solutions, Broadcom has recently upgraded its innovative InConcert co-existence technology to add additional features that mitigate RF interference issues between Bluetooth and WLAN radios, especially for 'combo' chips and modules targeting small form factor devices. Broadcom's InConcert co-existence complements Bluetooth v3.0 + HS functionality to ensure high speed Bluetooth data transfer while simultaneously servicing other Bluetooth peripherals such as the mouse or headset.
· In addition, with its InConcert Maestro software platform, Broadcom continues to simplify the usage of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi solutions, allowing application developers and end users to enjoy the convenience of converged wireless functionality and newer standards such as Bluetooth v3.0+HS without having to deal with the complexity of understanding the technologies and making them work together.
· Key features of the new Bluetooth v3.0 + HS standard include:
o 10 times the transmission speed over previous Bluetooth specifications.
o Expanded capabilities for remote control applications featuring Unicast Connectionless Data (UCD) functionality that enables low power operation and reduced latency for CE remote control applications.
o Enhanced powerful security capabilities with support for the new Read Encryption Key Size feature that allows Bluetooth applications to ensure an appropriate level of communications security.
o Bluetooth v3.0 + HS is currently shipping in PCs and smartphones. The InConcert Maestro platform that allows application developers to exploit the high speed function in novel ways is available to early access partners.
Craig Ochikubo, Vice President & General Manager, Broadcom's Wireless Personal Area Networking line of business
"We are a strong supporter of the new Bluetooth v3.0 + HS standard and are making its innovative features available in multiple configurations for a wide variety of applications. With our unique InConcert technology, which makes Bluetooth and WLAN work well together, we can offer silicon and software solutions that decrease the complexity of adding multiple wireless systems to innovative new consumer devices."
|HotHardware's Halloween Spook-Tacular...||132|
|Marty McFly’s Future Realized: Behold...||15|
|Google To Modify Search Results To Fight...||12|
|FCC Claims Butt Dialing Puts A Strain On...||10|
|Preview: ASUS G751 Gaming Notebook...||9|
|Change.org Petition Asks Toys R Us To...||8|
|Vintage ’76 Apple-1 Woz Built Sells For...||6|