Belkin dabbles in a little bit of everything these days, including a fairly robust lineup of KVM products. Poke around Belkin's website and you'll find everything from 16-port KVM switches to 17-inch LCD rack mount consoles, and a whole lot more. Now the company has gone and announced its new KVM multi-platform solutions, which include a trio of Smart Cables (VGA to DVI, DVI to VGA, and PS/2 to USB).
As Belkin explains it, these are all TAA-compliant and have been validated to EAL 4+ security rating by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP),
"They are the optimal solution for government agencies looking for solutions that integrate legacy systems with new workstation deployments," Belkin said. "Belkin offers a variety of Smart Cables that are fully compatible with Belkin KVMs and are designed specifically for multi-platform workstation environments."
Some of the key features/benefits of Belkin's new Smart Cables include:
- Reliable support for multi-platform workstations
- Removes application barriers caused by using legacy computers
- Enables workstations to use digital monitors
- Converts analog (VGA) signals to digital in order to support DVI Secure KVMs
- Easy to install -- does not require any software or power supply
- Small form factor, which eliminates cable clutter
All three cables measure 6 feet long and will be available this month.