Apple Removes Worthless $1000 App from App Store

Who decides which apps go up --- and stay up --- on the App Store? After all, something pretty useful like NetShare gets dropped from the App Store a couple of times (all right, all right, I know AT&T wouldn't like it), while something totally frivolous like this app gets posted?

The app was named "I am Rich." The name is appropriate, because basically all it did was put the image below (sort of a faux diamond) on your iPhone screen (minus the text, of course). I say "was" because someone came to their senses and removed it.

However, obviously, someone who would waste, er, spend his money on this app is rich enough to not care. Hence the name of the app. And yes, this was officially the most expensive item on the App Store.

The author of this app, Armin Heinrich, also sells a calculator app. The price of that is a much more reasonable $4.99. Unfortunately, that price says "I am not rich."

Apple, if you're going to put dross like this up, can we get NetShare back?
Via:  HotHardware
Tags:  Apple, App Store, App, Store, move, rom, RT, pple, appl, Tor, AP
Comments
nECrO1967 6 years ago
frg1 6 years ago

[quote user="nECrO1967"]I am assuming the next app from this developer will be "I am a moron 1.1". I wonder if anyone actually spent the $1000 for it. It would seem safe to assume no, but as the immortal Gearge Carlin once said. "Americans will buys anything. Nail together 2 boards that have never been nailed together before and some *** will give you $20 for it".[/quote]seems like"I am a moron 1.1" should come bundled with this

digitaldd 6 years ago

Come on someone must have bought it, just to brag. Thats the way most apple fanboys are.

FSeven 6 years ago

Someone did indeed buy it, but supposedly because they thought it was a joke. Courtesy of Gizmodo:

Crisis Causer 6 years ago

Eek, I can see why they took it down.  That would be horrible to lose a grand on something completey worthless.

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

Basically Apple inadvertently assisted a con man IMO.

nECrO1967 6 years ago
It could be argued that Apple is RUN by con men. :)

I can understand that Apple should run it's site better, but if you click on a link to buy a $1000 app like this thinking it's a joke, you deserve to get fleeced. Darwin award anyone? :)
thebirdman47 6 years ago
As P.T. Barnum said: "There's a sucker born every minute." I also have to say, I would have a REALLY hard time even admitting I bought this ridiculous thing, other than to ask someone to shoot me if I did! "BEWARE"!!! ;D