Oppo Find 5 Android Smartphone Boasts Quad-Core Snapdragon, 5-inch 1080p 440PPI Display, and Jelly Bean

Your run-of-the-mill smartphone announcement usually involves the same old names, like HTC, Motorola, or Samsung. But one company you probably never heard of is Oppo. That's because Oppo doesn't really have much of a presence in the U.S. market, but it sure is looking to make a grand entrance with its Find 5 Android phone.

The Find 5 is absolutely stacked, in terms of smartphone features, not the least of which is the device's 5-inch display with a Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) resolution. That works out to 441 pixels per inch, each of which is protected behind Corning Gorilla Glass 2.

Oppo Find 5

It only gets better from there. Powering all those pixels is a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm APQ8064 processor and 2GB of RAM. It also has 16GB of built-in storage, NFC support. 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and a 2500 mAh battery. Some reports also suggest the device sports a 12MP rear-facing camera and an aluminum unibody that measures just 6.9mm.

Unlocked and contract free, the Find 5 will sell for $499 and is compatible with T-Mobile, AT&T, and SimpleMobile. No word on subsidized pricing on the company's rather sparse U.S. website, though it will probably hit the $200 mark with a two-year service agreement.
Via:  OPPO
Comments
dorkstar 2 years ago

O.o this sounds a heck of a lot like the rumored Galaxy S4. Sexy.

rapid1 2 years ago

Yup; the quad core bonanza in Android smart phones is definitely here! There are several I personally like the Galaxy Note 2 right now, although I imagine I would root it as I am not all that keen on the Samsung version of Android. Either way what in the heck are the gonna drop at CES not to mention MWC etc etc. What will be the new big dog when I spin back into upgrade space 1 month after MWC??? Yes; I did time my signing with my carrier so I would be available to upgrade in May/June/July, most definitely :))))))

acarzt 2 years ago

It looks like an iPhone 5 lol

sevags 2 years ago

It does not look like an iPhone 5. When I look at my phone and I look at this I don't see the same thing. The back view looks more like a 5 but that's because of the rounded corners and the placement of th camera. I would say this phone is much more attractive than the iPhone5 especially without a home button, though the screen is too large for me.

lipe123 2 years ago

Yea seriously that thing looks so much like an iPhone I bet the apple patent lawsuits are already en route to OPPO.

Still those are some sexy specs, I'm pretty darn sad that the NA version of the galaxy S3 was only dual core where EU versions got the quad core.

It's good to see some more diversity in the market to keep apple/samsung on their toes.

OSunday 2 years ago

The pixel density on a 1080p screen at 5 inches is going to be stunning, it's also in the same price range as an iPhone out of contract and inside to so I wouldn't surprised to see this as an iPhone competitor other than the fact that unfamiliarity with with "Oppo Find" is going to turn people away.

Dorkstar 2 years ago

They just need to drop the price to a steal and get their name out in the US market.  That thing sounds too good to not be popular in our backyard.

OSunday 2 years ago

the company’s Beijing event on the 12th of December is going to anounce the price and release point for the U.S.!

Get up for it!

thunderdan602 2 years ago

That is a sexy beast of a phone. And yeah, it looks like an iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised if this device doesn't make it to shore. Apple will try and find a way to stop it or hamper it.