A mobile operating system is arguably only as strong as the ecosystem it fosters, and that explains why Nokia is charging so hard to get Instagram onto Windows Phone. BlackBerry knows that BB10 is going to live or die based on the apps that ships alongside of it, and early adopters will be glad to know that the new Z10
now has access to Twitter and LinkedIn programs. The updated editions bring native support of each to the new OS, and Twitter v10.0.1 and LinkedIn v10.0.1 are available as free downloads in the BlackBerry
World storefront. Tried 'em? Let us know how it's going.
What’s new in Twitter v10.0.1:
- Doing more on the Compose Tweet Screen – An enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for “@”.
- Composing Direct Messages – It’s now easier for you to compose a Direct Message – you can do it right from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Edit Profile – You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Conversation view – You’ll see full conversation history when clicking on a tweet.
- Improved Image Viewing – You can now view pic.twitter.com full screen images, as well as pinch to zoom and pan images from the tweet details. Also, you can view full screen profile pictures from other Twitter users.
- Deleting Tweets – You are now able to delete your own tweets from any screen where their tweet is displayed. It’s as simple as holding down on a tweet and selecting the trash icon.
- Block and Report as Spam – Block and report users as spam.
- Enhanced Menu – Do more from the timeline, with new options to “Quote Tweet” after selecting “Retweet” as well as “Open Tweet” to view the tweet details page.
What’s new in LinkedIn v10.0.1:
- LinkedIn Messages – Allows you to quickly message your connections from their profile page.
- Enhanced Job Search tools – You now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- LinkedIn Today – Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Better Image Viewing – Full-screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.