Maingear Introduces 17.3" eX-L 17 Gaming Notebook
The company's really getting fancy with this one, offering 4 exclusive M.A.R.C. laser etching, support for Intel Core 2010 mobile CPUs as well as options for ATI and NVIDIA graphics. Users can select a Core i5 or i7 under the hood, paired with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 (1GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M (2GB) GPU; for the workstation crowd, there's the NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M. The 17" machine has a Full HD display (1080p) and comes with a "dead pixel warranty," which is certainly something of a rare find these days.
The full specification list is pretty impressive (it's listed below), but the starting price of $1899 means that bargain shoppers are ignored completely here. But of course, those with cash to burn can certainly have a look, because it's not hard to customize those options right past the $3000 mark.
MAINGEAR HITS THE IGNITION WITH THE LAUNCH OF THE eX-L 17 CUSTOM NOTEBOOK
Kenilworth, New Jersey - June 23, 2010 - MAINGEAR, an award-winning PC system builder offering custom desktops, notebooks, workstations and media centers, is now adding a 17" high performance notebook solution to their product line. With support for the Intel® CoreTM 2010 mobile processors and NVIDIA® and ATI® graphics, PC gamers will be able to harness desktop-like power wherever they go, while creative professionals will be able to work on site with no loss in productivity.
MAINGEAR's eX-L 17 features the Intel® CoreTM i5 and i7 mobile processors, ATI® Mobility RadeonTM HD 5870 with 1 GB of dedicated memory, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX480M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 2800M featuring the NVIDIA ®CUDATM Architecture 38-bit color accuracy for creative professionals. The eX-L 17 has full vibrant 1080p resolution all on a glare-free full LED backlit display (1920x 1080) that comes with a dead pixel warranty.
The eX-L 17 is a perfect combination of functionality and design with built-in biometrics security via fingerprint reader for security, touch sensitive hotkeys for executing customizable macros and applications, and five different MAINGEAR's M.A.R.C. laser engraving to choose from that offers a clean and elegant design.
"The launch of the eX-L 17 reiterates the passion and commitment we have for our customers: choice." said Wallace Santos, CEO and Founder of MAINGEAR. "With the multitude of options available on this notebook, we are offering the performance and quality of our outstanding desktops in the convenience of mobility."
"MAINGEAR's eX-L17 notebook goes hand in hand with Intel's Core i7 mobile processor and Intel Turbo Boost technology," said Greg Baur, Director of Sales, CESG East, Intel Americas Inc. "MAINGEAR understands users that need accelerated performance for demanding applications prefer the Intel Core 2010 processor family , and we're pleased to provide MAINGEAR as well as their customers with this solid solution."
* Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480M, NVIDIA® Quadro FX 2800M, ATI Mobility Radeon® HD 5870
* Display: 17.3" Full HD 1920 x 1080 - (1080p) Widescreen (16:9 Aspect Ratio) LED Backlit
* Processor: Up to Intel® Core i7 820QM
* Memory: Up to 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 - 1333Mhz
* Optical Drive: Up to 2X Blu-ray reader/8x Multi Combo (BD-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
* Hard Drive: Up to 512GB Solid State Drive or 750GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5
* Network Adapter: Integrated b/g/n wireless
* Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio
* Media Card Reader: Built in 7-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD)
* Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate 64-Bit
* Battery: Removable Li-Polymer Lithium-Ion
* I/O Ports: 1 HDMI out, 1 DVI-I out, 4 USB 3.0*, 1 IEEE-1394 Fire Wire, 1 S/PDIF out, 1 RJ-45 LAN, 1 RJ-11
* Dimensions: (W)16.25" x (H)1.75" x (D)10.75"
* Price: Starts at $1,899
All of MAINGEAR products are supported with lifetime labor and phone support with one to three year hardware warranty. For more information about MAINGEAR's eX-L 17 notebook, click MAINGEAR eX-L 17 .