Steam Community Game Hub Brings Out User-Created Content and Rating System

Valve, maker of Steam, has been making some calculated moves, including bringing some non-gaming software titles to the cloud-based gaming platform, and now the company is rolling out big changes to its Steam Community.

In fact, there will be a new feature previewed each day this week (except Friday). Today’s announcement concerns Game Hubs. Each gaming title on Steam will get a Game Hub, which will include “collections of game-centric discussions, workshop items, user-created screenshots, videos, and news”. The content will be a combination of official Steam items and user-created posts. Users can rate everything, so only the best stuff rises to the top. Further, the Game Hub allows users to chit-chat about a given game right there, instead of having to zip over to the Steam Forums.

Steam Community Game Hubs

Stay tuned for the announcements on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (Valve, you have some clever PR people over there.)
Via:  Valve
Tags:  Gaming, STEAM, Valve, Misc
Comments
Jaybk26 2 years ago

And thus the greatest addition to PC gaming becomes even more amazing.

Erakith 2 years ago

This is pretty cool. I typically avoided the Steam forums due to the fact it's a heck of a lot of complaining, as are most forums where you actually have to put effort in to get there, or that don't fit a specific niche. Too many conflicting companies fanboys arguing which is the better of two shitty franchises.

Can't wait to see what the other previews bring; I personally love Steam, and without it I'd be bored a lot of the time.

rapid1 2 years ago

I don't know I use steam when I have to and that's about it. I love seeing true inde materials being dropped though thats nice.

inspector 2 years ago

same here rapid, i do have steam open all the time but its just sitting there for when i need to play a game. This doesn't do any good for me but for all you that live through steam this is a great extra.

nicoletoledo 2 years ago

Cool less swithing more gaming. Nice community tho.... gooo dota 2. Cant play tho no computer only when i go to my brothers. Hope i win.

insidesin 2 years ago

Sounds interesting, this allows me to get into Team Fortress 2 more although they've already implemented the user workshop awhile ago for the game.

Valve certainly has been busy! ( Mann vs machine this Wednesday!!!)

JOMA 2 years ago

Sounds like a good addition to an already great service.

Jaybk26 2 years ago

I've been looking into that game, how is it?